Sunday, May 15, 2011

This and That




Around my house this week
I was messing around out in the yard when I ran into this guy.  I stepped over it and I didn't even know it until I forgot something and I had to turn around.  This was the first time that we've seen a snake in the yard, and it never crossed my mind that we would see one.


It was very slow moving.  I went in the house to grab my camera and to tell Rainey about it and when I went back to where it was it hadn't moved much at all.    Rainey  grabbed the axe and was going to kill it.  It didn't have rattles so I figured it was a good snake so we let it go.  I think it was a bull or gopher snake, but I'm not really sure.

I'm still watching the birds
This is an evening shot that I took of one of the hummingbirds.  There's more than one hummingbird now.  I've seen at least 5 at one time.

This pair has been hanging out at our house since we first put the bird feeder up.

They loved playing in the water puddles after the rain.

We also have a pair of Ringneck doves that live here.
They are so cute!...and I hope to see baby doves this summer.

They even show up on our front porch sometime.


Our weekend started out ok, and then our  nice and sunny Saturday became overcast and cloudy and a little bit on the chilly side.  

This flag is always flying...it's a close up of the flag at the Sandia Post office which is next door to us.



Rick and I were going to plant the plants out in the garden this weekend and then decided to wait until next weekend.  It is suppose to drop below 40° here on Wednesday and Thursday. The plants are doing fine inside.  I have them in a bright spot in the kitchen and I take them outside sometimes during the day so they can get some sun. 

My beautiful wildflowers...lol.  
They are just weeds but still pretty in their own way....so I had to take the pic :)



Cassie heard that we were in a drought...so she is busy looking for water...lol...with her divining rod :)





A new week is about to start...so have a good one. 
....and thanks for checking out my blog :)


No comments: